Bibingka Especial (Special Bibingka)
- 1 cup thick galapong
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- 4 tbsps sugar for toppong
- 3 eggs well beaten
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsps grated cheese
To make Galapong:
- Soak rice in equal amount of water overnight.
- Grind and let stand until the next day.
- Add sugar to the galapong.
- Add baking powder, melted butter and the well beaten eggs and coconut milk. Mix well.
- Pour a thin layer of this batter into hot (native clay) baking pan or molds lined with banana leaf which has been passed over an open flame.
- Cover each baking dish with a galvanized iron sheet with live embers on it.
- When almost cooked sprinkle grated cheese and sugar on top of each and cover again.
- Continue baking until brown
- Brush top with melted butter and serve hot with grated coconut.