Sayote con Piña Jam
- 2 pieces sayote
- 1 piece pineapple
- refined sugar
- calamansi juice
Preparations and Cooking:
- Peel then slice the sayote into thin strips.
- Peel the raw pineapple, remove eyes and chop finely. Then crush the fruit.
- Mix one part sayote strips to one part crushed pineapple.
- Add sugar to taste.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp calamansi juice for every 4 cups of the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Cook the mixture in a casserole over moderate flame, constantly stirring until it is thick.
- Let it cool at room temperature and store in glass bottles
- You can serve it on top of crackers or use it as pan de sal filling.